Grateful Friday: Leaps of Faith!Mar 28 2014 · 0 comments · Articles, Grateful Friday, Milestones
A year ago this week I decided to face my fears! I was approaching a major milestone birthday and many of the dreams I had deferred over the years were staring me straight in the face. There is one thing that’s certain about dreams… they never truly die. They lay deep inside you like a little pit in your stomach. Somedays you can fully manifest a clear vision of your dream. On other days, your dreams resemble a faded scene in the back of your subconscious. What I know for sure is that everyday your dream is ever-present.
So I decided to take a leap of faith. On March 25, 2013, I picked a name, secured my website domain name, and claimed my name on various social media sites. Let me tell you, I am so happy I did. This past year has far surpassed anything I could have dreamed or imagined. So I decided to recap this past year below:
- I held my first Artist Showcase
- The Art of Chanel Christoff Davis was the featured artist at the West Elm Dallas store
- West Elm Dallas selected me to design artwork to help raise funds for St. Jude Children’s Hospital (Thanks and Giving campaign)
- My work was chosen for an exhibition “The Good Stuff 4” alongside other established artists in my hometown of New Orleans, LA
- My work was blogged about on 3 separate occasions, by awesome well respected bloggers
- My art has been featured numerous times by other sellers on ETSY
If you have a dream that you are holding inside, take that first Leap of Faith. You may be holding back the very thing the world has been waiting for. Just one step today can set off a chain reaction….you will surprise yourself.
Stay tuned as we plan some goodies to CELEBRATE my one year Anniversary this June!!!!
Apparel, Phone cases, and Home goods: Society6.com/ChanelChristoffDavis